First off all can we just say how BEAUTIFUL this set turned out? We are so blessed to partner with Pebeo - and let me tell you they know their paints! I had so much fun picking out the colors, and I can’t wait to see them all over your bible pages, praise book and scrapbook pages!
Tips For Using the Illustrated Paint Watercolors In Your Bible.
1. Test out a bunch of paint brushes! We all have our favorites! This set comes with a set, but its great to have a couple on hand depending on what you are painting. I love the one that comes with it for background or color washes but like a more detailed brush for lettering, flowers etc!
2. Watercolors can be so forgiving!!! This page was intended to be a hand lettering page but you know me, I swiped my hand across the page and smudge the image, so instead of just giving up or getting frustrated I said OK! I guess we are heading in a new direction! I painted a background and simply used letter stickers on top!
3. Don’t be afraid to get messy! These watercolors are meant for mixing, use the mixing plates not the side, or if you are like me mix colors in the tubs! As you can see my white is currently pink but that is ok, nothing a little water won’t fix!
4. Rethink what you know about watercolors. I know when painting on traditional watercolor paper you can’t add enough water! It’s all about the water. With bible journaling and watercolor the least amount of water you can get away with and still get the effect you want is the goal. I was actually surprised with the amount of water I ended up using on all the layers (due to my mishap) still didn’t bleed, seriously loving these watercolors!!
5. Just have FUN with it! Seriously you can’t go wrong with watercolors! Watch your colors, make sure they don’t get muddy, but outside of that just play, see what you like and grow from there!
Illustrated Faith Watercolors | Illustrated Faith Journaling Pen | Illustrated Faith Tabbies | ESV Journaling Bible
If you are painting in your bible let us know and tag it with #IF_watercolors so we can leave some love!
Have a wonderful day, and color outside the lines!